Industrial Mineral & Gemstone Specialist
Geology and markets of industrial minerals, gemstone and high-technology metals.
- Geology of Industrial Minerals & Gemstones
- Document selected industrial mineral discoveries
- Marketing BC industrial mineral resources
- Monitor Industrial Mineral Exploration & Development
Focused studies: wollastonite, graphite, talc, andalusite, kyanite, garnet, dimension and crushed stone, perlite, vermiculite, magnesite, hydromagnesite, high-calcium carbonate, dolomite, leonardite, diatomite, bentonite/clay, silica, olivine, zeolites garnet and clay.
Sector studies: minerals for environmental applications, value-added products, paper/plastic fillers, refractory and energy-intensive minerals.
Gemstones: jade, precious opal, emeralds, diamonds, sapphires, rhodonite, cordierite etc.
High-tech metals: niobium, tantalum, berylium & REE.
- 24 years of industry & government experience.
- Adjunct professor University of Victoria.
- Past President Industrial Minerals Division CIM.
- Lectures and short courses on industrial minerals.
- Organizer of the 37th Forum on the Geology of Industrial Minerals.
- Technical editor: "Industrial Minerals in Canada", CIM Spec. Vol. #53.
- Over 100 publications in Industrial Minerals field.