Reclamation of Lands Disturbed by Mining
Proceedings of the Sixth Annual British Columbia Mine Reclamation Symposium, Vernon, B.C. March 10-12, 1982
Paper 1983 - 2
View Entire Paper (PDF, 10.3MB, 311 pages)
This paper includes the following articles in this order:
- Planning for Post-Mining Reclamation within a Forest Management Area, Obed-Marsh Project, Hinton, Alberta by Eric Beresford.
- Reclamation Monitoring at the Judy Creek Test Pit Site by Al Kennedy
- Managing Environmental Requirements for New Mine Developments in British Columbia by R.A. Hawes, Norecol Environmental Consultants Ltd. and J.W. Gadsby, Thurber Consultants Ltd.
- Water Management for Mines by Y. Fellman, Water Management Branch, Ministry of Environment
- Mountain Road Rehabilitation at Sunshine Village Ski Area by J. Buckingham, W. Bates, Sunshine Village
- Rehabilitation of Disturbed Forest Land by S.G. Homoky, Research Branch, Ministry of Forests
- Reclamation Budgeting and Costs in Coal Exploration - Panel Discussion
- Crows Nest Resources Limited Experience by E.W. Fabro and R. Aiello
- Gulf Canada Resources Experience by G. Hellyer
- Fording Coal Limited Experience by R.J. Berdusco
- Reclamation of Mineral Exploration Areas by J.C. Errington
- Control of Vegetation Damage by Small Rodents on Reclaimed Land by J.E. Green, LGL Limited
- Line Creek Management Philosophy and the Environment by Don Riva and Jim Lant, Line Creek Mine
- Workshop on Public Involvement in Resource Development by Bruce Fraser, Ministry of Forests
- Report of the Awards Subcommittee, Technical and Research Committee on Reclamation
- An Integrated Reclamation Management Plan for the Highland Valley Mining Complex by C.J. Lloyd, UBC
- Revegetation Trials at Sukunka Coal Mine by D.F. Polster, Norecol Environmental Consultants and R.M. Redgate, B.P. Exploration Canada
- The Availability and Procurement of Native Seed Sources Suitable for Alpine and Mountain Reclamation by J. Weijer and D.L. Weijer, Department of Genetics, University of Alberta
- Use of Vegetation Survey Data in Reclamation by E.C. Lea, Terrestrial Studies Branch, Ministry of Environment
- Reclamation Research at B.C. Coal by David F. Fraser, Department of Biology, University of Victoria
All printed publications of the BC Geological Survey are available digitally, free of charge, from this website.
For questions or more information on geology and minerals in British Columbia contact BCGS Mailbox or call toll free (B.C. residents only).