Reclamation in Mountainous Areas
Proceedings of the Sixth Annual Meeting of the Canadian Land Reclamation Association and the Fifth Annual British Columbia Mine Reclamation Symposium, Cranbrook, B.C., August 24-27, 1981
Paper 1982 - 2
View Entire Paper (PDF, 11MB, 283 pages)
This paper includes the following articles in this order:
- Presentation of the Annual B.C. Mine Reclamation Awards
- British Columbia Mine Reclamation, An Overview by J.D. McDonald
- Reclamation in the Mountains of Northeaster New Mexico by M. Hamann Wolfe
- Environmental Regulation - how effective? by D.M. Galbraith
- The Aforestation of Open-Cast Mining Spoils in the United Kingdom - some techniques and observations by D.F. Fourt
- Natural Revegetation of Exploration Trenches in the Stillwater Complex of the Beartooth Mountains, Montana by D.W. Wheeler and J.O. Sawyer
- Northeastern British Columbia, Preplanning and Reclamation of Exploration Activities by R.E. Shields and D.G.S. Johnson
- Erosion Control in the Queen Charlotte Islands by W.W. Carr and C.J. Marchant
- Evaluation and Selection of Native Woody Plants for Reclamation in the Eastern Slopes of Alberta by P.J. King, W.B. Russel, G. Grainger and A. Straka
All printed publications of the BC Geological Survey are available digitally, free of charge, from this website.
For questions or more information on geology and minerals in British Columbia contact BCGS Mailbox or call toll free (B.C. residents only).