Alternative Energy Policy Branch (AEPB)
The Alternative Energy Policy Branch is responsible for advancing energy efficiency policies and programs, development and deployment of leading edge clean energy technologies, and advancing community-based energy policy and programs for the benefit of all British Columbians including:
- Developing energy efficiently strategies for homes, building and industry which include promoting efficient technologies, facilitating access to incentives for auditing and retrofitting, labelling energy performance on products and educating on energy efficiency.
- Developing and implementing energy efficiency regulations for residential, commercial, and institutional building material, equipment and appliances.
- Ensuring a coordinated approach to conservation and energy efficiency within the Province.
- Engaging with local government and First Nations communities on community energy planning, energy efficiency programs and clean energy projects.
- Developing and implementing remote community energy strategies, programs and projects.
- Facilitating the growth of the clean energy industry in the Province, including the hydrogen and fuel cell industry, through support for development and deployment of clean technologies.
- Advising on electricity related Columbia River Treaty matters, and;
- Representing provincial interest on a variety of inter-jurisdictional electricity issues and committees.
For inquiries regarding Energy Efficiency, please contact:
Executive Director, Alternative Energy Policy Branch
Phone: 250 952-0243
For inquiries regarding Community Energy Planning and Remote Communities, please contact:
Manager of Clean Energy Technologies
Phone: 250 952-0686
For all other branch inquiries, please contact:
Phone: 250 952-6392